- Identified test data from bridge usage and impact logs for use in a neural network
- Designed and fabricated a rigid, steel support frame for a camera used in a structural monitoring project
- Assist and learn from graduate students and supervising professor
Trinity River Mission
Sep 2014 - May 2017
- Provide general homework help as well as literacy and math tutoring.
- Participant in Homework Help to Onward Thinking (H20) program, which provides
extra social, emotional, and academic support to advance student achievement.
Senior Counselor/Leadership Intern
May 2016 - Aug 2016
- Constantly provided feedback and resources to groups of 6-8 college age camp counselors, held counselors to a high standard of performance, administered final performance reviews
- Took extreme measures to ensure a safe, enjoyable, and encouraging, camp experience for 30-50 middle school and high school students each week
- Implemented camp programming: skits, camp-wide games, ensured high-quality of activity classes.
Extreme Activities Coordinator
May 2015 - Aug 2015
- Part of the team that trained over 30 college students in the skills necessary to safely facilitate a high ropes course.
- Led two teams of 14-16 of peers in the day-to-day running of the ropes course. This included communicating expectations, monitoring performance, providing feedback, and helping solve problems as they arose.
- Performed equipment inspections and maintained equipment usage logs.
Camp Counselor/Ropes Course Instructor
May 2014 - Jul 2014
- Cared for, mentored, and taught, a cabin of 6-8 middle school boys for one week at a time.
- Facilitated different elements of a high ropes course, maintained a safe environment, used participation in elements of the ropes course to encourage personal growth in the campers.
- Held to a high standard of performance, stuck to a rigorous schedule, constantly encouraged to work humbly and unselfishly with high energy.
Salado Creek Outfitters
Dec 2008 - Jan 2012
- Ran the cash register, made big ticket sales ($1000+), performed janitorial work and general store upkeep, stocked shelves, and helped maintain inventory records in a local sporting goods store.
- Was often the only employee watching the store, including some store openings and closings.