ECD/Head of Content Development, Branded Entertainment
Nov 2019 – Present
New York, New York
Executive Producer, Branded
Jul 2018 – Nov 2019
New York, New York
• Lead branded creative content programming and development for Bon Appetit, Epicurious, Conde Nast Traveler, Architectural Digest, SELF and GQ Sports and The Script Studio.
• Develop a long-term strategy for branded content and branded entertainment that takes into account CPV & CPM programs, Linear and Non-Linear solutions in traditional, digital media and social-first programming.
• Develop proactive initiatives to grow the business of branded entertainment with large unique-for-client offerings as well as custom video products that scale.
• Create partnerships with Production, Animation and Design companies and VR/Experiential Creative houses to maintain low-cost options for video/experiential offering. Facilitate, when needed, securing on-screen, influencer and production talent for projects.
• Build/pitch projects for Branded Content Video, create decks for visual treatment where functioning as the lead creative and participate in client pitch meetings and presentations.
• Manage a team of producers, associate producers, editors and designers while supporting with a trusted freelance roster and outside relationships.
• Approve budgets, creative decks, style boards, pre-production documents and client review edits for branded video programs.
• Maintain a trusted link between Revenue and Editorial to iterate on Edit success to establish branded content series, ‘look-a-like’ episodes of blockbusters and turnkey offerings that speak to our audiences directly.
• Strengthen the relationship between CNE and Conde Nast Marketing and Revenue through sales education, marketing materials and leadership in video and integrated programs.
• Foster a collaborative environment with CNE Production Management, Branded Video Strategy, Creative Development and Publishing.
• Externally articulate Conde Nast Global Studios offering on speaking panels and in market.
• Provide insight and leadership for branded-content video. Key in securing on-screen, influencer and production talent for projects. Create partnerships and deals with Animation and Design companies, Production entities, and VR/Experiential Creative houses to maintain low-cost options to scale video/experiential offering.
• Work with Pre-Sale to establish accurate and efficient cost of sale for branded content video and experiential programs.
• Work with Creative Strategy to build/pitch projects for Branded Content, created decks for visual treatment and participate in client pitch meetings and presentations.
• Creative Director on up to 4 concurrent projects at a time. Lead development to craft story and visual narrative (Ford, JPMorgan Chase, Chase & Marriot, Samsonite, La Quinta, MGM Grand, IBM, Microsoft XBOX (Halo Wars 2), Bud Light/Anheuser-Busch). Video Director on most projects that I lead.
• Served as Creative Director, Director and Executive Producer on video executions for Vox Media Inc’s ‘Go Deeper’ marketing campaign (assets included company Anthem Video, Ad-units on platform and OOH Video Cube in Times Square)
• Founded The Explainer Studio, a unique branded content format offering, initiated through editorial learnings and established as a sister-studio within Vox Creative to take advantage of a successful format.
• Maintained a trusted link between Revenue and Editorial to iterate on Edit success to establish Vox Creative Signature Products: 5 turnkey repeatable formats to respond to client requests quickly and efficiently with success on social channels.
StarBeast Digital / Traction Ave. Films
Apr 2014 – Oct 2016
Los Angeles, CA
• Founder of a multi-disciplinary visual media company that provides an all-in-one solution for creative execution of original and unique concepts.
• Utilized agency contacts to generate leads and boards for pitches and treatments on broadcast and digital advertising spots
• Built and managed teams of freelance artists to work under-budget for VFX and Animation jobs. Led physical production for all live-action shoots
• Contributed creatively to pitches and treatments through copy, research and in-person pitch meetings and presentations. Pushed company in the direction of future-forward visual engagement such as high-level Experiential content and VR
• Contributed creatively in spec projects for internal IP creation. Utilized Film/TV contacts to take out pitches for original content to network studios and digital studios for sales and production deals
• Managed a roster of seven directors for Live-Action production
Head of Production // Design/Animation/Post
Feb 2012 – Mar 2014
Los Angeles, CA | New York, NY
• Supervised and managed a team of artists in all aspects of post-production and design, from look development through final delivery
• Generated bids, allocating assets for hardware/software needs per job and maintaining a nimble team of freelance artists per job to cover all needs and keep jobs under-budget
• Produced multiple jobs for Broadcast and Digital media on both coasts as well as provided on-set producer support for shoots around the world
• Contributed creatively to spec projects and treatments to grow the company into creating it’s own IP
Jan 2011 – Nov 2011
• Contributed creatively to projects and jobs for pitches and treatments for broadcast advertising for major brands and agencies
• Provided production support for all jobs, interfacing directly with agency contacts and leading production where needed
Secret Handshake Productions
Jul 2007 – Jan 2011
West Hollywood, CA
• Developed original material for feature films, television and web-based narrative and reality projects
• Served as Associate Producer on feature films in production
• Helped guide projects from development into independent finance and through production, sales/distribution
Will Love - Vocals, Guitar
Jeff Mendel - Guitar
Angie Mattson - Bass
Ry Sarmiento/Mahsa Zargaran - Drums
Lloyd DeSouza - Director
Kevin Gosselin - DP
Sam Cividanis - Editor/FX
Dana Morris - Stedicam/Camera Op
Kyle Kimbriel - Assistant Camera
Sarah Ellquist DeBlanke
vox. keys. kaoss. guitar etc.
guitar. bass. keys. etc.
Preston Scott Phillips
percussion. drums. iphone. beard.
Lloyd DeSouza - director
Kevin Gosselin - dp.camera op
Sam Cividanis - editor/vfx