Built artist management company from the ground up. Signed and managed multiple artists, with responsibilities that included securing recording contracts, booking worldwide tours, negotiating deals, supervising record production, handling promotional activities, coordinating album releases and building strategic alliances.
* Developed marketing strategies that have sold well over 100,000 albums and 500,000 song downloads, garnering over 200 million song streams, while also generating over $1,000,000 in NTR.
* Built exceptional level of awareness for newcomer Meiko by reaching out to tastemakers, securing radio airplay and building a strong online presence, while leveraging this awareness to spark bidding war. Negotiated a multi-album deal with MySpace/Interscope Records and again with Concord Music Group.
* Discovered Grammy-nominated alt-pop act Capital Cities, and orchestrated a marketing campaign for their debut EP, leading to a chart-topping single and eventual signing with Capitol Records.
* Re-vitalized the career of highly-regarded Canadian singer-songwriter Esthero, executing a major marketing initiative for her self-released album which debuted on the Billboard Heatseekers chart in the U.S. and had multiple song placements in major network television programs.
On Air Host, "The World Chart Show"
May 2016 – Mar 2018
Host of the internationally-syndicated "World Chart Show"
Independent Contractor (Music Curator)
Jan 2007 – Feb 2014
Music Curator for Slacker.com's "UK Hits" and "UK Indie" internet radio stations (www.slacker.com)
Oct 2006 – Aug 2011
Santa Monica, CA
• Contributed to Affiliate Consultancy Program’s efforts to scout for emerging composers, artists and songwriters in various genres (acknowledged by department head as the most-successful consultant in the program).
• Regularly participated in SESAC Songwriter Bootcamps and spoke at panel discussions for SESAC
Manager / Marketing
Black Sheep Artist Management
Jun 2010 – Oct 2010
Handled day-to-day management and marketing duties for the Black Sheep Artist Management roster, including Coheed And Cambria
Weekend/Fill-In On-Air Talent
KDLD-FM (Indie 103-1) Los Angeles
Oct 2008 – Jan 2009
VP A&R/Artist Development
Apr 2007 – Jun 2008
Recruited by visionary entrepreneur and charged with finding and signing talent for pioneering digital music service. Identified artists, negotiated deals, developed promotional campaigns, and liaised with artist managers.
* Signed 50+ acts to digital distribution agreements in less than a year and made important revisions to the company’s marketing pitch, resulting in agreements with another 50 artists.
Independent Contractor (Music Programming)
Clear Channel Radio
Jan 2007 – Jan 2008
Music Programmer for Clear Channel Radio's 'Undiscovered' HD Radio station
Senior Director, Creative & Media
Entertainment Ventures, LLC
Aug 2003 – Oct 2006
Key catalyst in launching this independent global artist discovery/development firm, with primary goal of identifying talent worthy of signing, licensing, publishing, management, and legal representation.
* Planned and executed variety of strategies to help secure deals for artist clients, including distribution of CDs and newsletters to key industry leaders, placement in film, TV, advertising and video games, and global radio promotion.
* Played key role in conceptualizing and implementing MUSEXPO Conference in Los Angeles (A highly-regarded international music and media networking conference).
Specialty Show Co-Host
KDLD-FM (Indie 103-1) Los Angeles
May 2004 – Jul 2006
Co-host of "Passport Approved", a two-hour, nationally-syndicated import music specialty show.
Clear Channel Multimedia Group
Jun 2002 – Aug 2003
Brought on by VP to handle talent search and discovery activities. Provided artist research data to clients and developed artist development / awareness-building campaigns. Coordinated artist showcases, maintained A&R web site, and established relationships with music industry executives.
* Teamed with VP in securing retainer arrangements from labels’ A&R departments, publishing companies, artist managers, and entertainment attorneys, representing significant new revenue stream.
* Contributed to conceptualization and design of Clear Channel New Music Network web site, leading to registration of over 30,000 bands from all genres within three months of site launch.
Alternative Radio Editor, Album Network / VIRTUALLYALTERNATIVE
Clear Channel Multimedia Group
May 2001 – Jun 2002
Hired as Radio Editor to write features, solicit advertising from major and independent record labels, and build relationships with label executives and radio programmers.
* Led redesign and repositioning of VIRTUALLYALTERNATIVE Magazine as leading music industry guide for cutting-edge artists.
* Won back business from record labels who had defected prior to periodical redesign.
Weekend Air Talent
May 2001 – May 2002
Weekend/fill-in air talent for this Adult-leaning Alternative radio station which broadcast throughout Orange County, CA.
Programming Consultant / On-Air Talent
KFSD-FM San Diego
Jan 2001 – May 2001
Hired to advise senior management on programming strategy, production, positioning, and marketing.
* Played key role in building, formatting and branding new station (580 watts) that received higher ratings than stations with significantly larger signals (30,000-50,000 watts)
* Built airplay clocks and trained an entirely new air staff on music scheduling system while also handling full-time on-air duties.
Head of Promotion/Artist Development
3:33 Music Group/Universal Records
Jan 2000 – Aug 2000
Worked as the liaison between Universal Records and 3:33 Music Group. Responsible for designing/implementing national radio promotion campaigns & budgets, and guiding the Universal Records regional promotion staff and artist development reps. Held weekly meetings with band management, A&R, marketing department and PR firms, and was the point-person at the label for independent promoters, industry trades and outside publicists.
* Led 2 major projects through full cycles, from signing to album release and subsequent tour, despite inexperienced staff and small label.
Music Director / On-Air Talent
KLYY-FM Los Angeles
Feb 1997 – Nov 1999
* Key role in conceptualizing and implementing overall station programming/market positioning.
* Assisted in growing station’s weekly cume from 50,000 to 700,000+, securing ranking as the 4th most listened-to Alternative station in the U.S.
* Built, edited and maintained music clocks and logs; created cutting-edge specialty programming.
* Organized/conducted research projects including in-house focus groups, auditorium music tests, and weekly call-out research.
* Conducted weekly meetings with record label executives, consultants and all station personnel.
* Handled weekend, fill-in, specialty show on-air duties.
* Contributed to the planning/developing of brand new on-air/production studios.
Music Coordinator / On-Air Talent
WRGX-FM New York
Dec 1994 – Feb 1997
* Edited and maintained daily music logs using Selector and Linker programs.
* Created and hosted innovative specialty programs and features designed to increase TSL.
* Performed promotional appearances and live broadcasts.
* Wrote commercial copy and voiced client spots.