Julie is a female writer and director. Her last work on OZLO « All I Had » music video was awarded as BEST DIRECTOR at the Underground International Music Video Festival and selected in the official selection at the last Mallorca Evolution Film Festival. Her last short film « Beyond the light » was awarded as BEST EXPERIMENTAL SHORT FILM at the Global Film festival in Los Angeles and was bought by SHORTS TV for international distribution.
She was 2003s valedictorian at EFAP School where she graduated of a Bachelor Degree of Fine Arts in Communication, Cinematography and Film. She has strong skills in cinematography, using natural lights to create intimate imagery to highlight her actors reactions. Her professional background includes experience as production stage manager and directors assistant with Roman Polanski, Glenn Casale, Julie Taymor, Franco Dragone, Sam Mendes on several Broadway shows adaptations in Paris: The Lion King, Cabaret, Mamma Mia, Beauty and the Beast, Sister Act, etc.
In 2013, she naturally transitioned into writing and directing herself. She soon collaborated from Paris, London, Los Angeles, New York and Montréal with brands and talents such as: Disney, Chanel, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Marvel, Robin Wright (Omaze), Sony Music, Vantage Productions, Stage Entertainement, etc.
Production Stage Manager & Directors assistant
May 2007 - Present
Stage Entertainment France
The Lion King
Beauty And The Beast
Dance of Vampires
Lido de Paris
Walt Disney World
Cultural Representative Program
Walt Disney World
Dec 2003 - Dec 2004
Orlando, Florida Area, USA
Apr 2003 - Jun 2003
- Assisting journalist for new TV shows
- Backstage coordination during TV shooting (live and recording)
- Post production: subtitling, photo touching up, etc
NATIONAL TV SHOW:
« On ne peut pas plaire à tout le monde », hosted by Marc-Olivier Fogiel (PAF Production) France 3
« Le fabuleux destin de », hosted by Isabelle Giordano (PAF Production) France 3
AGAT FILMS & Co
Feb 2002 - Jan 2003
- Assisting producers in their pre-production and production steps
- Gathering and making all production files
- Looking for funds (coproduction, subsidy, financial assistance)
- Link between the production and the film crew on set: last minute hotel and flights booking, renting equipment, expense follow up
- Setting up Short films festival
- Preparing technicians and musicians contracts (post production)
- Register films in different festivals
« Marie Jo et ses deux amours » from french director Robert Guédiguian, with Jean-Pierre Daroussin, Arianne Ascaride official Cannes Film Festival 2002
« Deux frères » from Xavier de Choudens
« Stormy Weather » from Solveig Anspach, with Elodie Bouchez.
Trilogie «Un couple épatant», « Cavale », « Après la vie » from Lucas Belvaux, with Catherine Frot, Ornella Muti
«Terra Incognita» from Ghassan Salhab « Un certain regard » Unofficial Cannes Film Festival 2002.
2017 - 2017
New cinema camera: ARRI Alexa, Red Epic Dragon, Sony F55