There is a lot of flotsam and filth on the internet, no doubt, and sometimes the search for a gem of true substance feels a bit like bobbing for apples with your hands tied behind your back. So began THE ART OF THEFT: an experiment in sharing quality pieces of music, film and photography with the masses.
- Discovering new and emerging musical talent.
- Reviewing and photographing live shows and festivals including: Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, Coachella, Lollapalooza, Outside Lands, SXSW.
- Music Supervision for clients including: 7 For All Mankind Jeans, DKNY, NYLON Magazine, the National Hockey League (NHL).
- Custom playlist creation.
Dec 2013 - Feb 2017
Universal City, CA
- Assistant to SVP, Film Music.
- Pitching and selecting songs for in-film, trailer and marketing use.
- Creating and managing film music budgets and licensing requests.
- A&R / creative development of original songs.
- Maintaining and organizing all audio assets for final film and soundtrack delivery.
- Coordinating screenings and spotting sessions.
- Daily contact with record labels, music publishers, music supervisors, artist managers, musicians, songwriters, producers, composers, and agents.
- Collaboration with production & post-production teams at: Focus Features, Working Title, Blumhouse Productions and MRC.
- Key films include: Furious & Furious 7-8, Fifty Shades of Grey 1-3, Despicable Me 3, SING, Jurassic World, Minions, Straight Outta Compton, The Secret Life of Pets, The Huntsman Winter's War, Bourne 5, Neighbors 2, The Boss, Race, Unbroken, By The Sea, Ted 2, Get On Up, Dracula Untold, Lucy.
Post Production Assistant
Jerry Bruckheimer Films
Santa Monica, CA
- Assistant to Associate Producer and the Post/Editorial staff at Jerry Bruckheimer Films for Disneys "The Lone Ranger" & "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales".
- Coordinating screenings and previews across the greater Los Angeles area.
- Scheduling ADR and DI sessions.
- Collaborating with Disney Motion Picture Production staff and actors agents and managers.
- Organizing data for slated and future projects.
Production Assistant, "The Lone Ranger"
The Walt Disney Studios
Oct 2011 - Nov 2012
CA, NM, UT, AZ, CO
- Assistant to Production Coordinator, Unit Production Manager and Executive Producer in office and on location.
- Working hand-in-hand with Disney Casting & Motion Picture Production.
- Responsible for crew paperwork, cast contracts, SAG deal memos, Taft Hartleys and Station 12s.
- Management of weekly crew list & cast list. Distribution of scripts, one lines and shooting schedules.
- Assisting in cast and crew travel.
- Point of contact for actors agents, managers and lawyers.
Film Music Intern
The Walt Disney Studios
Jun 2009 - Sep 2010
- Assistant to President of Music & Soundtracks for the Walt Disney Company.
- Creative consulting for projects including: "Tron: Legacy", "Step Up 3D", "Disney's Prom", "You Again" and "When In Rome".
- Answering phones and managing executive's calendar.
- Updating scripts, music spotting sheets and music budgets.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with up-and-coming artists for current and future projects.
Red Light Management
Jun 2008 - Sep 2008
Los Angeles, CA
- Intern for Publicist for musicians: Coldplay, Dave Matthews Band, Phish, Lily Allen.
- Assisted in media outreach on Coldplays "Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends"
- Acting Publicist for up-and-coming artists on Red Light Managements roster.
Fashion Intern / On Assignment Writer & Photographer
Jan 2008 - May 2008
New York, NY
- Responsible for organizing and packaging clothing and props for location shoots.
- Contributing writer and photographer for NYLON website, www.nylonmag.com.
- Official NYLON correspondent at Coachella Music Festival in Indio, CA. Photographing
the festival, interviewing artists, reviewing performances.
Campaigns & Outreach Intern
Jun 2006 - Aug 2006
- Intern in Campaigns & Outreach department of non-profit organization Oxfam
America, which is dedicated to ending global poverty through both education and