Rod Hunt is an award winning London based Illustrator of detailed isometric illustration, maps & cityscapes. He's also the artist behind the best-selling Top Gear Where's Stig? and the Where's Your Dog/Cat? books for Yappy.com
Rod Hunt is a London based Illustrator & artist who has built a reputation for retro tinged Illustrations & detailed character filled landscapes. With UK & international clients spanning publishing, design, advertising & new media, he's illustrated everything from book covers to advertising campaigns, theme park maps, iPhone Apps & even the odd large scale installation too!
Clients include; AIDES, AMV BBDO, BBC Worldwide, British Airways, British Council, British Telecom, Capital One, Calor, Chessington World of Adventures, Clemenger BBDO, Computer Arts Magazine, DEFRA, Dixon Baxi, Dorling Kindersley, Financial Times, The Economist, FHM, Hat-Trick Design, Goodby Silverstein & Partners, Gulf Air, Ikea, Kellogg's, Leo Burnett, Lyonnaise des Eaux, Lynx Deodorant, Maxim, The Observer, Reuters, RNID, Orange, Publicis, Random House, Royal Mail, Tatler, Tescos, Time Inc, Tullo Marshall Warren, Vodafone, We Are What We Do, Wieden+Kennedy, Whitbread
With his extensive industry knowledge Rod regularly lectures in the UK and Internationally on subjects including Self Promotion for Illustrators, the Business of Illustration and his own career journey for organisations and art colleges including Pixel Show, Children's Books Ireland, Offset, The Illustration Conference (ICON5 New York & ICON6 LA), Plymouth College of Art, University of Wolverhampton, zero2illo conference, University of the Arts and The Association of Illustrators Business Master Classes.
Non Executive Director
Second Floor Studios & Arts
Nov 2020 – Present
London, England, United Kingdom
Second Floor Studios & Arts (SFSA) was established in 1997. It is a leading arts organisation providing affordable studio space for visual and fine artists' and craft and designer makers.
Our core aim is providing best quality studios at monthly rental prices our studio members can afford and whom would otherwise struggle to find comparable studio workspace on the open commercial market.
• to provide a supportive environment in which our members can flourish, allowing for the time and the space needed to research, develop, experiment and make their work.
• to support continual professional development beyond the physical studio space for our community. Foster a vibrant environment of peer support, networking and collaboration. Where possible provide technical facilities and training, gallery space, opportunities for employment and actively encourage, promote and support individual member projects.
• to build creative partnerships and initiatives with local and national arts organisations, businesses and authorities.
• utilising the skills of experienced professionals to deliver a wide range of educational and outreach projects enabling diverse groups of people within the community to participate in, learn through and work in the visual arts and craft and designer making sector.
• to promote the role that Art, Craft and Design can play in the regeneration of towns and cities, by engaging with people and communities helping to foster local identity and a ‘sense of place’ through the arts. Meeting the cultural needs of the community as part of a wider integrated delivery of public services, well-being and happiness. Supporting economic growth to create sustainable communities.
PR Chair, Board of Directors ICON9
ICON The Illustration Conference
Sep 2012 – Oct 2016
New York, USA
PR and Media Relations Chair, Board of Directors of ICON The Illustration Conference for ICON9 July 2014 (Portland, OR) and ICON9 July 2016 (Austin, TX)
Association of Illustrators
Aug 2009 – Mar 2012
The AOI was established in 1973 to advance and protect illustrator’s rights and encourage professional standards. The AOI is a non-profit making trade association dedicated to its members’ professional interests and the promotion of illustration. http://www.theaoi.com
AOI Chairman from August 2009 - March 2012
Deputy Chairman 2005- August 2009
Board member since 2003