Big Fish Little Fish is an events company which brings families into a safe and fun environment with classic dance music, themed crafts and many stage effects and performers. I run the Queensland, Western Australia and South Australia arm of Big Fish Little Fish Australia. Originally from the United Kingdom, this concept has won numerous awards.
- Development of the brand
- Marketing across email, facebook, instagram, twitter and the web (creating, running and maintaining ads)
- Managing budgets
- Organisation of staff, including DJ's booked for the events and staff required to run the events
- Flyer and poster design
- On the day manager for the smooth running of the event including risk assessment and health and safety requirements
- Multiple successful sold out launch parties across Australia.
Manager / Original Member
Jan 1998 - Present
Active member and manager for Binary Finary including managing social media facebook page with over 217,000 likes.
- Event management, including the marketing, organisation and operation of events
- Managing, growing and developing social media, including Facebook page with 217k likes
- Creation of marketing strategies across releases of music
- Artwork and Design
Lead Project Manager / Business Advisor
Jun 2011 - Jun 2016
Cloudkillers is a user platform within the music industry, which gives artists and labels the ability to get more exposure through commenting and likes on the Soundcloud platform. With over 50,000 members, Cloudkillers has resulted in over 1+ million comments and likes. I was responsible for the complete branding of the site, including logo and design of the fully responsive website and application, as well as consulting on the digital marketing footprint and roadmap of technology.
-Completed redesign of Cloudkillers.com website including the design and implementation of the website.
- Writing hand written CSS3 and HTML5 to provide a responsive and quick loading website.
- Created the logo for Cloudkillers.com and all associated headers and logo uses for social media.
- Project Management for software development.
Sep 2006 - Aug 2012
MGM Distribution is Australias largest distributor of independent music. I was hired as the digital manager, responsible to create the systems to enable and encourage digital growth within the business. The outcome was a robust and fully integrated digital management system, with organised processes for staff members to enable the income to increase exponentially.
- Successful continuing exploitation of 20,000 + audio, video & ringtone catalogue.
- Successful roll out of e-commerce websites.
- UX and UI design of e-commerce websites.
- UX and UI design of Intranet systems.
- Delivery of technology systems, including training to the business stakeholders and users.
- Linking internal intranet systems to main financial system (SAP).
- Consultancy on internal and external architectural design.
- Significant and ongoing increase of income in digital sector.
- Digital release management consultancy.
- Marketing strategy for artists and labels.
- Liaison with artists and labels for integration into digital systems.
- Conceptual design of in-house built royalty system.
- Implementation of agile techniques and practises to the business.
- Contracts negotiated and data integration completed with iTunes, Bigpond/Telstra, Bandit.fm, Napster, 7Digital, Amazon, Nokia, Three/Vodafone, Beatport, Juno.
2008 - 2010
Project Manager on a number of projects within Australia
ElanIt / Manpower
Mar 2000 - Jun 2003
Elanit / Manpower hired me as the web manager across their multi country and multilingual websites. I liaised with many stakeholders in my time there to create a full functioning intranet enabling workflow integration into new products to assist the requirement of staff to other companies, as well as a new website, to drive candidates and companies to use custom tools.
- Successful implementation of multi-language, multi country website.
- Successful deployment of internal job posting system.
- Design standards and processes for all websites setup.
- UX and UI built for all internal and external websites.
- Content Management Systems setup for external and internal websites.
- Strategy and processes for content deployment delivered.
- Redevelopment and redesign of 25,000 document intranet.
- Contract negotiations with third parties.
- Project manage internal and external software development.
Programmer / Web Designer
May 1998 - May 2000
IHS hired me as a programmer and then subsequently a promotion to a web developer. In my time there I developed scripts to enable to 100% accurate conversion of ascii text into mission critical information that government defence and other organisations use in their systems, including military hardware. A promotion enabled me to help build a new website and magazine portal for subscriptions to various products.
- Develop electronic publishing coding processes.
- Developing electronic publishing products in Perl.
- Conception and Development of internal technology program.
- Report to the Electronic Publishing Manager for internal software development.
- Working within a team of 20.
- Implementing self coded software to maintain integrity of IHS products.
- Developing the foundation stages of IHS first electronic delivery to top tier clients.
- Developing code to successfully convert data into a format to be imported into top tier external systems.
- Keeping IHS integrity of data target of 100% in tact.